CanSkate Element Events
As CanSkate Element Events were designed for CanSkaters, to incorporate the transition from CanSkate to STARSkate, the following guidelines are to be followed when offering a CanSkate Element Event:
- CanSkate Stage 1 – 6 will follow the CanSkate Element Event Technical Package Once you have clicked onto the CanSkate Element Event Technical Package link, click on: CanSkate Material. A zip file will open with resource materials and the Technical Package for you to use.
- For any type of element, spin/spiral/jump and team event categories, skaters must not have passed any portion of the complete Preliminary Freeskate test or the equivalent STAR assessment
- For any type of dance and skating skills categories, skaters must not have passed any of the Preliminary Dance tests or Preliminary Skating Skills test or the equivalent STAR assessment
- Creative expression/creative improv – no restrictions on test/assessment levels
- Showcase skaters must not have passed the Intro Interpretive test
- Music is permitted only for creative improv, showcase, team or dance type events.
To distinguish between CanSkate Element Events and competitions, the following terminology is to be used:
- Competition or Championships = Event
- Competitors = Skaters
- Judges= Assessors
- Tech Rep = Event Lead
- Competition Chair Person = Club Event Contact
- No reference to STAR or STARSkate can be utilized
Upcoming CanSkate Element Events
Events being hosted around the Section will be posted as they become available. If your club is hosting a Canskate Element Event, once your event is approved by the Section Office, please email your announcement /event details to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it posted here on the website.
Winter Wonderland – Olds Fun Skate – Feb. 1, 2020
Mannville Momentum – Mar. 1, 2020
Sparkling Etoile Fun Skate – Mar. 21, 2020 – hosted by Beaumont Figure Skating Club
STAR 1-3 Interclub Pilot Event
The Section is pleased to offer this STAR 1-3 Interclub Pilot for the 2019-2020 season. Please review all documents prior to applying for a STAR 1-3 event.