September 1, 2019: Skills and Artistic will be fully launched.
November 1, 2019: Freeskate and Dance will be fully launched.
Artistic e-learning module and resources NOW AVAILABLE!
Find resource links below.
- The evaluator training pathway is available – stay tuned for more details.
The evaluator training pathway is available – stay tuned for more details.
- There are no changes to Diamond Dances.
- The Skills discipline e-learning module is available on the Skate Canada e-learning site.
- Equivalency forms can be found on the Skate Canada Notice Board. STAR 6-Gold Equivalency Chart
Skate Canada will be releasing e-learning modules for each discipline- Artistic is next. Dance & Freeskate will be available prior to November 1st, 2019.
- You can get a head start on the new Skills content and familiarize yourself with the STAR 10 dance Cha Cha Congelado, by heading to the Skate Canada e-learning site.
- Evaluators remain an essential contributor to STAR assessments. Trained STAR 6-Gold Evaluators are needed for all disciplines. Coaches have the ability to be trained as Coach Assessors in the Skills discipline only.
- The STAR 6-Gold Content Overview document can be found in the STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Appendices
Here’s how you can get a head start on your STAR 6-Gold training.
- Login to your members account at Skate Canada here.
- Next, click on the “e-learning” tab which will take you to the Skate Canada e-learning site.
- Select the “New courses” tab and scroll to “STAR 6 – Gold: Introduction” or “STAR-6-Gold: Skills”.
- Click “Enroll” and begin the course.
If you have any questions about the module or how to access it, connect with Skate Canada directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Click the link to access the Materials Store. You will need to sign in to view the selected items. These are direct link once you are logged into the Materials Store.
STAR Assessment Resource Guide: Skills (including Skills exercise patterns)
STAR 6-Gold Training Workbook: Skills
STAR 6-Gold Training Workbook: Artistic
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 8 – Artistic
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 1 – Overview
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 2 – Assessment Coordinator and Logistics
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 3 – Principles of Assessment
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Appendices
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Skate Canada Ice Summit – Coach & Evaluator Energizer presentation
Up Next….STAR 6-Gold – Freeskate
STAR 6- Gold – Dance
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 4 – Feedback
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 6 – Freeskate
STAR 6-Gold – Resource Guide – Chapter 7 – Dance
Skating Development Video Library (YouTube)
*Remember to continue to check in to the Skate Canada Materials Store for printable resources and the Skate Canada Notice Board for updates.
Do you still have questions? Connect directly with email@example.com