CanSkate Element Events
As CanSkate Element Events were designed for CanSkaters to incorporate the transition from CanSkate to StarSkate, the following guidelines are to be followed when offering a CanSkate Element Event:
- CanSkate Stages 1 – 6 will follow the CanSkate Element Event Technical Package . Once you have clicked onto the CanSkate Element Event Technical Package link, click on: CanSkate Material. A zip file will open with resource materials and the Technical Package for you to use.
- For any type of element, spin/spiral/jump and team event categories, skaters must not have passed any portion of the complete Preliminary Freeskate test or the equivalent Star assessment
- For any type of dance and skating skills categories, skaters must not have passed any of the Preliminary Dance tests or Preliminary Skating Skills test or the equivalent Star assessment
- Creative expression/creative improv – no restrictions on test/assessment levels
- Showcase skaters must not have passed the Intro Interpretive test
- Music is permitted only for creative improv, showcase, team or dance type events.
To distinguish between CanSkate Element Events and competitions, the following terminology is to be used:
- Competition or Championships = Event
- Competitors = Skaters
- Judges= Assessors
- Tech Rep = Event Lead
- Competition Chair Person = Club Event Contact
- No reference to Star or StarSkate can be utilized
Updated January 2023
Star 1-3 Interclub Competition
The Section is pleased to offer the Star 1-3 Interclub Competition for the 2022-2023 season. Please review all documents prior to applying for a Star 1-3 event.
Guide to Hosting a CanSkate Element and Star 1-3 Interclub Competition
Assessment Tabulators Guidance Sheet
Star 1-3 Student Judges Training Guide
Host Club Organizational Checklist
Star 1-3 Event Sanction Form (January 2023)
Mandatory Feedback Form (must be completed after each Star 1-3 Interclub Competition)