2016-2017 Inclusive Skating Project
Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut supports Inclusive Skating through the following grant application process for the 2016-2017 season:
- Section clubs (and partners such as Alberta Sport & Recreation Association for the Blind) may be eligible to apply for a grant. Funds must be used for planned Inclusive Skating (IS) programming within the 2016-2017 season.
- Funds must be used for one or more of the following areas:
- Coaching support (e.g. IS coach training opportunities, IS coaching fees, Program Assistant training, Program Assistant Recognition, etc.)
- Club support (e.g. IS program ice fees, IS Skate Canada membership fees, club IS program fees, etc.)
- Event support (e.g. CanSkate Element Events costs for IS athletes, competition-related expenses for IS athletes competing or participating in an event)
- Adaptive equipment support (e.g. any individual specialized equipment including skates, helmets, frames, braces, or specialized equipment for club IS programming use)
- Clubs that receive funding must provide year-end reporting in the form of receipts or other supporting documentation for funds spent. As well, photos and stories would be greatly appreciated.
- $10,000.00 available funds to be divided amongst approved requests throughout the season.
Deadlines to submit requests:
- December 5, 2016 (funding requests for winter 2017 programming) $4000.00 available. Deadline has been extended to February 1, 2017.
If there are any funds left over after each deadline, they will be carried forward to the next time frame. Should there be any funds remaining after the December 5 deadline, funds will be carried forward and made available for further applications in January 2017.
Clubs may apply more than once, all through the season.
Click here for the Grant Request Form.
For more details about all inclusive skating at your club and how your club can support skaters with disabilities, please email Lisa.
Thank You to the Following Sponsors for Continually Supporting the Program: