2017-2018 Inclusive Skating Project
Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut supports Inclusive Skating through the following grant application process for the 2017-2018 season:
- Section clubs and partner organizations may be eligible to apply for a grant. Funds must be used for planned Inclusive Skating (IS) programming within the 2017-2018 season.
- Funds must be used for one or more of the following areas:
- Coaching support (e.g. IS coach training opportunities, IS coaching fees, Program Assistant training, Program Assistant Recognition, etc.)
- Club support (e.g. IS program ice fees, IS Skate Canada membership fees, club IS program fees, etc.)
- Event support (e.g. CanSkate Element Events costs for IS athletes, competition-related expenses for IS athletes competing or participating in an event)
- Adaptive equipment support (e.g. any individual specialized equipment including skates, helmets, frames, braces, or specialized equipment for club IS programming use)
- Clubs that are approved for funding must provide reporting in the form of invoices, receipts or other supporting documentation for funds spent. Half of the funds will be issued upon approval of application, and the other half when supporting documentation is received by the Section.
- $10,000.00 available funds to be divided amongst approved requests throughout the season.
Applications will be reviewed 4 times per season, so clubs may submit whenever it is suitable to them, and may apply more than once. Applications will be reviewed on the following dates:
- July 31, 2017
- September 30, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- January 30, 2018
If there are any funds left over after each deadline, they will be carried forward to the next time frame.
Questions can be directed to Lisa Bonderove, Section Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the Grant Request Form.
For more details about all inclusive skating at your club and how your club can support skaters with disabilities, please email Lisa.