Club/Coach Mentorship Program
Coaches & Club/Skating Schools:
Do you need support with day to day preparation, coaching management and tips on how to communicate and work best with your members? Would you like some technical support in any discipline from a mentor coach?
Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut (Section) is now accepting applications from clubs and coaches. Mentorship will take place between November 15, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
How the Program Works
- A Club/Skating School member volunteer and a club coach must apply together to participate in this program to make it effective.
- The Section will support this program by paying the expenses (travel, accommodation and meals as required) of the mentor coach.
- The mentor visit host would incur the cost of the mentor coach fee ($50 per hour) The number of mentorship hours for each coach for the program will be subject to the coaches needs.
- The number of mentor hours provided is determined between the mentor coach and the club/skating school.
- Three clubs/skating schools will be selected to participate in this program
- Prior to the selection of mentor visits being finalized, clubs/skating schools will be contacted by the Section to discuss their mentorship needs.
Areas of Mentorship Will Include
- Communication between members and coaches
- Marketing and Branding Standards
- Fundraising Tips & Ideas
- Recruitment of Program Assistants & Volunteers
- Code of Ethics
- Safe Sport
- On and Off Ice Program Delivery Standards for Pre-CanSkate, CanSkate and STAR 1-5
- Creating a budget
- On ice Technical Mentoring (in any discipline) and athlete management support
- Best Ways to Utilize Ice
- STAR Assessment Standards & Assessment Day Delivery
Questions: Contact Leona Boyle at email@example.com